- Outdoor and adventure activities
Please click on link below to see our Whole School Plan for P.E.
During Active Week a range of activities are held, which promote the benefits of having an active life and taking part in sport. GAA is played all year round, and Seímí Murphy from Mallow GAA comes every week to coach the children. Athletics is promoted too, and Munster Rugby coaches have visited to pass on valuable tips, at no cost to the pupils.
About the Active School Flag
The Active School Flag was launched by the Department of Education in 2009.
It is a non-competitive initiative which seeks to recognise schools (both primary and post primary) that strive to achieve a physically active and physically educated school community.
In order to be awarded the Active School Flag schools must:
- Commit to a process of self-evaluation in terms of the PE programmes and physical opportunities that they offer
- Plan and implement a series of changes that will enhance PE and extracurricular provision and promote physical activity.
Work in progress
- Outside of our required timetabled programme for PE, we are involved in a number of physical activities and sporting competitions:
- Swimming and water safety lessons for each child from junior infants to 6th class.
- Football and hurling training from 1st to 6th on a fortnightly basis.
- After school football and hurling training for 3rd to 6th class.
- Sponsored walk in Doneraile Park which normally takes place in October.
- Sciath na Scoil football and hurling competitions.